Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

If you use USPS click-n-ship

One of my little guys is home with pneumonia, so I'm now doing the click-n-ship and package pickup with the USPS. Don't know why I didn't do this sooner - makes life so much easier!

If you print your package labels at home where do you buy your labels? - I'm looking for the cheapest option - I can imagine the cost of ink and labels adding up (before this I was just using USPS Priority Mail labels and a pen).

Thanks.

21 Responses

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 6:01am May 23, 2012 EDT edited
you can also use regular paper and tape them on too. also, on click and ship you cant print first class domestic, you can if you print labels through paypal

and if you do it through paypal, the info is already filled in when the customer paid through paypal too. you dont have to type in the customers address info
I Purchased a "Brother Label Maker" You can buy them at any Chain store Staples,Bestbuy,Walmart, etc... The have a continuous roll and ink is not that pricey ..

It can be set up just like a printer for your Mailing

=)
I just print on paper.

I did notice though if I try to print first class through paypal its 2.82 instead of the cost of a stamp. I wonder if I am doing something wrong?

I ship all of my blades in an envelope with one stamp but would like to get a tracking number. But I want to keep the cost down.
Artisan,

I like the those features you mentioned, so I'll definitely use it for my paypal customers, but can I use it for my direct checkout customers?
Oooh Fred, that might be a good option. I'll have to look into that.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 6:11am May 23, 2012 EDT edited
Pamela Thompson from HelpandHold says

Artisan,

I like the those features you mentioned, so I'll definitely use it for my paypal customers, but can I use it for my direct checkout customers?

yes, you do have to manually enter the info. unless you download the CSV file of sold orders on etsy, then upload it to the paypal multi-shipping tool
paypal.com/shipnow
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 6:13am May 23, 2012 EDT edited
Kay Baxter from kayscrochetpatterns says

I just print on paper.

I did notice though if I try to print first class through paypal its 2.82 instead of the cost of a stamp. I wonder if I am doing something wrong?

you can only print postage for first class parcels on paypal. not letter mail. and to get DC on first class, it has to qualify as a parcel and be sent that way. letter mail cant get DC
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 6:16am May 23, 2012 EDT
OP, heres the instructions for downloading and uploading to the paypal multi-shipping tool

www.etsy.com/teams/11969/direct-checkout/discuss/9908014/
Artisan, Thanks!
I think I'm good to go now :)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.