Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

I was so excited.. and then discouraged..

Last night before I went to bed (around 2am) I already had 50 views and 9 favorites. I really don't know where they all came from, but I was excited! 50 in 2 hours is amazing for me!

I went to bed, then checked again around 10am. I saw 179 views and 19 favorites!!! Wow!

A minute later, I realized I had set my stats to "past 7 days" before I went to bed, and it stayed there. When I fixed it, it turned out I had only had 1 new view.

I shouldn't be discouraged, I know that. But my traffic always comes at the strangest times, and never when I'm actually doing any promoting. Oh well, I guess I'll take what I get. One day I'll have over 100 views again. :-)

16 Responses

If you want a larger number of views...add more items for sale:)
I hate it when i do that. I get excited for a moment and then realize i had changed it to last 7 days. I have had really low views lately and it is a bit discouraging but I know it will pick back up eventually. Good luck!
lol I can sympathize Huggie, I've done the exact same thing, more than once.
I have almost 300 items to get just over 100 views a day, I can't imagine it with only six items.
Lol, I feel like such a goof. I have several more items made, and make more every day. But I have a big show coming up in about a month, and I'm worried that I won't have enough inventory. I'm torn about which venue to put more focus on.

I'm aiming for 1 new listing every day. Hopefully that will keep things steady for me. :-)
Wire, I used to get over 100 views a day with about 20 items. I think they were mostly from FB friends, though. It seems like it's taking forever to get my listings up, though. I put my shop on vacation while I focused on finals last semester, and I've got a lot of catching up to do. Lol
I've done that too. You have such cute stuff, I think if you had more listed your shop would really take off.
LOL! Oh Huggie! You've got some more views and likes now. Real ones ;-)

As Jana said, you definitely should add some more items. Your paper flowers are beautiful and so are your clothespins. Head up!
Been there...done that! :)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.