Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

favoriting then disappearing?

I've had this happen twice in the past week. Someone would favorite multiple items in my shop, it would show up in my feed, and when I click on their name to see their profile (because I like to see who favorites my items) I get a "user does not exist" message. Huh? These people seriously have a few hundred thousand favorites. Where did they go?

8 Responses

I suppose if you read any of the threads that have been on the Forums over the last few days you would realise that there are a number of fake spammers who are favouriting people's items and Etsy Admin have been working hard to close down these accounts! However they open again with other accounts. You get the "Uh Oh" because the page has been removed by Admin.
I actually thought business was picking up again.....been unusually slow. ..but only to find out they were spammers.
i had one of those today. weird. what benefit do they get?
They are hoping that you will click to find who favorited your item. You will then see a sales pitch for their services and of course if you buy - that's how they benefit.
Oh, i've been wondering the same thing, one person favorited all of my items a few hours ago. I thought that was strange, then i checked his profile, and he's gone already. Why are they doing this? What's the use of this?
They are Spammers, check out the numerous threads in the past few days.
they got the boot from admin because they are spammers. The guess is they are bots, but I'm not sure about the bot part.
it has been a wild ride for the last couple of days

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.