Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

tip on how to build your fan base on facebook

Assuming you already have a fan page in place, what works for me is to connect with other fan pages that share interests..try to think outside of your immediate circle of customers and think about what other pages they would have already liked. Some suggested pages are ones about fashion, trends in jewelry, beach destinations (I'm in Hawaii but if you live in an area that is frequented by tourists try searching for pages about your local attractions)..also pages like moms to be (baby stuff) , goddess, new age, shamanism, dance, etc.

Not only can you exchange likes with these pages but make sure you frequent them often and interact. Many of their visitors have found me as a result and liked my page.

hope this helps

32 Responses

This is good advice :)
it works with daily interaction (I've been lacking lately..been out at the beach too much :)
What do you mean by connect?

Post on their pages with your page?
I can definitely use tips like this. I don't have a clue how to make use of my facebook fan page to bring traffic to my shop.
Something I've been doing lately is logging into facebook with my fanpage and liking pages as the fanpage (I usually like them as my personal account to). I then go and comment on those pages posts whenever I remember to do so. I don't know if that helps to draw interest to mine but I figured it can't hurt and it's free.
Gina yes, and what Amy says, log in using your fan page to make the interactions...comment on others' events, photos, items for sale, etc. I have found this to be excellent networking as well
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 4:29 pm May 31, 2012 EDT
thanks for the tips! :)
oh another one..many crafts magazines have a facebook page as well ..you never know if buyers will inadvertently find you if you post on their walls. There's a handful of magazines that right now I can't afford to buy advertising in, but interacting on their wall is free
Ok, thanks. I already do that...just wanted to make sure you weren't talking about something else.

You can't be spammy doing it though. You'll come off looking like an ass.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.