Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Ship to Italy??

Not sure if this is the correct team to ask, but I received an order that will ship to Rome, Italy. I was totally excited......until I found out that postal service there is horrid, packages are opened, returned after months, ect. Anyone have any experience shipping there?

Also, I definitely plan on insuring my package........(forgive my ignorance) does this make sure I don't loose $? What happens if she doesn't receive her package and wants a refund???

HELP???
Thanks in advance:)

25 Responses

I shipped a necklace to Italy last year. It arived even faster than what my packages to the US take to get there! And my buyer received it just fine.
Really? Veronica, so glad to hear this! I've heard nothing but horror stories so far:) Nice to hear a happy ending!
Yeah, and I was worried because it was jewelry, but I needed that sale. It all went great in the end.

I would insure the package if it worries you.
I've shipped there several times without any issues.
I ship to Italy at least once a week, without issue. I've heard horror stories, too, and I'm certain they happen. But, I haven't had any issues myself!
Thanks so much!!!!! I LOVE hearing all these happy endings! Not quite as worried now after hearing this!
I ship there often and have never had an issue, not once.
Sarah, make sure your customs forms are filled out completely and accurately (honestly). Get help at the post office if needed.
Nothing will slow down an international shipment like missing documents and information. Italian Customs are pretty aggressive so making sure everything is in order will help your item get through the process faster.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 1:32pm Jun 3, 2012 EDT
Yes, doing the custom forms correctly is the key, I think. And having it spelled out in your policies that the customer may have to pay some fees on his end. Though most people know that before they order.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.