Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do You Dream About Your Shop?

It seems like once or twice a week a dream I have involves my Shutter Buddies somehow. Last night I even had a dream about the forums here(except I can't remember the deets, darn!).

I sometimes find it hard to shut my brain off when it's time to sleep. Do you as well? Do you dream about your business often?

8 Responses

I've only had a nightmare about it :) Nothing happy! :) I'm always glad to wake up from those...
I dreamed someone wanted 100 headbands for birthday party favors. The stress was killing me!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:17 am Jun 2, 2012 EDT
I have had dreams about my shop, although I have to say one freaky one really stands out. I dreamed that not only did I have a sale but I also dreamed a specific item sold, a one-of-a-kind item. I woke up and checked and sure enough, that item had sold. Shudder!
Once in a while. More so I have dreams about what I am creating.
I've had dreams about my shop. Mostly it's been dreams about people (usually repeat customers who already loved what I did!) leaving me negative feedback. Sometimes I dream I got a few sales and wake up and have none, which is always a tiny bit disappointing.

I have trouble shutting my brain off when it's time to sleep... always thinking about something. :)
I haven't dreamed about my shop yet, but I haven't been doing it all that long. I'm sure it will happen though. I still have that dream from college where you have a final exam and somehow you forgot you were ever registered for the class.
I dreamed I made a few sales and then woke up dissapointed lol
My 'ridiculous Etsy dream' was closed a couple of days ago (boo!)- cause' it`s not business topic'.

well.... i did have a lame dream about people flagging my shop because I had 'shady; payment options and something else.
:P

I think it`s totally business related showing how much we care about the shop and overthink it. Also I tend to see Etsy stuffs more,when I hang out in business forums here and try to soak up all the good info and tips and have fun with pseudodrama :P

so yeah... I do have a life outside of Etsy, but it still sneaks into my dreams here and there.

:)
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:58 pm Jun 2, 2012 EDT
My work room is the other end of the house, so that if it happens to be 3am and I'm dreaming of the latest fabric creation, I can crack on and do it! I think it's part of the Etsy Curse, adoring your shop so much that it takes over your dreams where Jonny Depp and Caribbean Holidays should be instead!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.