Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Pet portraits on the about page...is it a yes or no?

I have seen a couple of shops with pictures of them. I sort of want to add a picture of my 'kids'. Thoughts.....

3 Highlighted Responses

Alisa Erkes from AllieBlankets says:

I just finished my about page and put my profile pic as the first pic. :) I love my animals, they are my "kids"! It shows more about the show at its core. :)

---------

Well, as y'all can clearly see from my avatar, I have a thing for animals (but especially dogs) myself. So I love seeing all your furry friends on the About page!

PS - Alisa, your work is amazing! I'm freaking over the chevron blanket. Also, please thank your husband for me for his service.

Cheers!
anee avatar Admin
Lynn from TheAmethystDragonfly says

I put my babes and their "positions" in mine. It made me giggle :P

- - - -

Adorable! Made me giggle too!
anee avatar Admin
Aja' from mienkintoshfairie says

As buyer, I appreciate sellers who are honest about having pets. One being I am horribly allergic to cats. Dogs, not so much, it depends. But I appreciate the warning before purchasing.

- - -

Great point! I've often wondered if I should inform buyers that I have a cat. I think I'll be adding Mose to my shop's About page!

72 Responses

I say go for it! If your fur babies are a big part of your life, then by all means show them off!!
I think you should put a photo/photos of your pets on your page. It is your page about you! and you can do what you want! You will get the pet fans, but it could discourage some viewers from buying from your shop because it's not a "pet free" (from dander, etc. Yes, that actually happens apparently because I've seen sellers profess to ship from a "pet free home.") shop. I guess that's because some people have allergies from pets (what a horrible, horrible fate!) But I for one, would love to see pet pictures.
i saw one with 2 dog pics as 'employees' and little descriptions. i thought it was cute and plan on doing it for my dog. but i love animals too.
if it does stop people from buying because of allergies then that's good. better beforehand than after they have it and get mad
I don't have it completed in this shop yet, but I put my one cat down as "inspector" on my other shop. She wants to investigate everything my son and I do so I gave her that job. Now I just have to think of a job for my other cat, he's blind so I don't think inspector is good for him, and I need a better pic of him too.
I don't have my pets listed because well they are banned from the art cave for being destroyers of worlds and paintings in years past but I think it would be great and sweet to get to see other folks pets.
I personally wouldn't mind, but I love animals! I understand some people have allergies and may prefer not to purchase from a pet-friendly home, but that's also why I disclose in my policies and profile that it's a pet-friendly home. Granted, everything is kept in storage out of their reach, but, regardless.. just in case someone wants to know, the information is there!

Cute idea of adding pets as 'employees'.. my dog gets super excited when I get packages ready for shipping, because he knows that means it's time to go for a walk. :)
I just finished my about page and put my profile pic as the first pic. :) I love my animals, they are my "kids"! It shows more about the show at its core. :)
Victoria from VictoriaCampDesigns says
I personally wouldn't mind, but I love animals! I understand some people have allergies and may prefer not to purchase from a pet-friendly home, but that's also why I disclose in my policies and profile that it's a pet-friendly home. Granted, everything is kept in storage out of their reach, but, regardless.. just in case someone wants to know, the information is there!

Cute idea of adding pets as 'employees'.. my dog gets super excited when I get packages ready for shipping, because he knows that means it's time to go for a walk. :)

Posted at 12:44 pm Jun 8, 2012 EDT - Report this post

------------------------------------------------------------

I disclose that I have pets for the same reason. My animals are usually not allowed anywhere near my yarn...my profile pic was a very special situation!

We got Bentley on Sunday, and he is only 8 weeks old, and he isn't shedding yet. At night he is so tired he can't stay awake no matter how much I pet him, so I had to get a pic of him passed out near my colorful yarn. My facebook fans loved it!
I put up photos of My alpacas, But they are truly part of our story

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.