Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Another alibaba ripoff

Show Thread Summary

36 Responses

Hey guys, I didn't see these posts until today - thank you.

We just heard back from Alibaba and our claim wasn't enough. They want us to go through another round of proof. They want our company "chop" - this is a headache and a nightmare. I've seen past posts and others have had their photos of their work removed pronto. Not so with us.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:53am Jun 14, 2012 EDT
SheppardHill,

I hope you get this resolved. Your work is absolutely stunning!
Thanks, Andrea.

I feel like closing up shop in vacation mode for fear that someone is ripping us off right now.

It seems if you do original work - stay away from Etsy! The Chinese are mining this site.
I'm so sorry to hear about the images being stolen. Here is a good post to what others on Etsy have done to have those images removed:
www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/9728333/
The link above made it possible for me to remove my images a while ago. It was a simple process and only took a few days. Not all the info they request on the claim form is actually mandatory. You can also email Alfred at cs-us@service.alibaba.com (Alibaba rep) who was very helpful! He actually initiated the email with me when I was going through this and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out as well.
David and Celeste from SheppardHillDesigns says
Thanks, Andrea.

I feel like closing up shop in vacation mode for fear that someone is ripping us off right now.

It seems if you do original work - stay away from Etsy! The Chinese are mining this site.
-------------
This does not happen only to sellers on Etsy. If you don't want to deal with the online theft then the only guarantee is to not put anything on the web. It's terrible but that's the reality.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 2:37pm Jun 14, 2012 EDT
The Chinese import/manufacturers are absolutely mining this site. It's one thing to get a design ripped off, but when Etsy doesn't vet their sellers or enforce the rules here on our own turf, well that is even more despicable. They say they do, but allowing small factories to sell here digs in our wallets in the exact same way.
I just found SIX of my items up on Alibaba... which is funny because they are made from vintage medals and old sterling pieces. I wonder what one actually receives if they purchase them?!?!?!?!
Dee, we did that and it apparently wasn't enough. Our images are still up and they are requiring more from us, but we've given them all we've got.

PBlossum, thanks for the email. I've written to Alfred requesting help. We'll see what he says, I just sent it off.
velvetotterhound from velvetotterhound says

I just found SIX of my items up on Alibaba... which is funny because they are made from vintage medals and old sterling pieces. I wonder what one actually receives if they purchase them?!?!?!?!

------------------------------------------------

I think they get DRECK - but they are using our work, our photos to sell it.

C

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.