Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

I think I might hate my banner. Thoughts?

When I decided to open my shop, I reserved the name and immediately put it into vacation mode while I lurked and learned and ordered supplies and made some pieces...quietly waiting to spring myself on Etsy when the time was right :). I regret doing this now because it looks like my shop has been open a month longer than it has and that in the first month I didn't have a single sale but I'm just being silly...:).

During that time I approached a shop about buying a custom banner but I never got a reply so I toiled over Photoshop for hours and made my own. I thought I liked it but now...ehhh. Not so much. I just don't know if I think it suits my shop. Do you? Do you think I'd be better off with a cleaner, lighter, more minimalist banner? Something more reflective of the style of my pieces? I feel like my banner seems a little rustic or kitschy or something and my shop itself really isn't...

Any advice would be very much appreciated ♥.

43 Responses

Actually, it's really cute!! You did a great job!

As for the discrepancy between becoming a seller and actual shop opening date, I wouldn't worry about it. I hardly notice it and I'm sure most people do, too.
I like the banner! Maybe you could make the birds all the same color to give it a cleaner look?
I like it a lot....I just don't think it evokes the "mood" of your shop. Does that make sense?
I like it! Its clean and simple and does the job wonderfully. 10/10 from me anyway.
It's catchy but a lot of people will ask what does it represent?
I like it! Totally cute! :)
The banner is adorable and shows the general "style" of your shop. If you'd like a cleaner look, try a lighter gray in the background. The birds would pop more against a much lighter gray as well.
Hi
Where can I buy the letters hung on the cloths line? Your banner is cute but your jewelry I would have to say is not if the cutsy variety. The antler pic you use for your avitar I think would be a better place to start for inspiration. Your product is awesome and you salesstats back that up. Great store but I think the banner does not capture the essence of what you are trying to project.

Having said that Im no expert but some say I do have the eye for such things. At leasr thats what Mom told me. lol. Just saying it as I see it.
Cheers
Roger
I think it's super cute! But, then I do love cute!
-Michele

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.