Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Have you ever been Dumpster Diving?

Show Thread Summary

172 Responses

metroretrovintage from metroretrovintage says
I still cry over the beautifully enameled 1930's stove that was left nearby. It had one of those convenient side compartments to keep food warm and original bakelite knobs.

I didn't have a hand truck at the time, and so I waited until later when I could get help, and poof! Gone.

----------------------------

Hopefully someone found it a good home. It makes me think of my g-grandmothers jadite green metal cookstove she had. When she sold the farmhouse she lived in she left the stove behind, and the new owners ripped it out of the house and let it rust into a heap outside. So so sad! I hate seeing vintage and antique things go to waste.
Absolutely! I think it started for me about 40 years ago. Our neighborhood had a minor flood and many basements had to be cleaned out. One neighbor put a beautiful wooden rocking chair out to the curb. I wanted it but felt funny just going over and taking it, so I knocked on his door to ask if it truly was trash. He said sure is, if you want it, take it. I took it home, sanded it down and refinished it. Bought cushions for it and gave it to my Mom. She loved it. Found many items since then including a complete set of wicker porch furniture and planters.
I lived on a street on which any object placed on the street would disappear immediately...off to someone else's home! It was amazing!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.