Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Return Merchandise Lost

I have a client that was returning a bracelet for repair and she messaged me today asking why it hadn't been sent back to her. She says the bracelet was sent back two weeks ago, I never received it. She does not have a tracking number for it. How would you proceed in this situation?

4 Responses

that is a tough one. I would wait another week and replace I suppose if was an error in on my part, something I had not made correctly. Obviously, she should have provided tracking and I'd require it on all returns from now on.

Sorry this is happening for you.
It depends. Was she returning it for repair because she received it broken or was it a repair you agreed to do, months and months later, after much wear?

What do your policies state about returns? They should say to track all packages sent back.

If it was a repair for something broken upon receipt to the customer, I think I would try to replace. If it was from an older sale and it broke from wear and tear, then I would not. I think it is her responsibility for not getting tracking.

Either way, 2 weeks isn't enough time, due to misplaced packages and whatnot, by the post office.
I don't see how it is your responsibility that she did not get tracking or insurance. I'd ask her to wait longer but that she should also contact the post office and see if they can help her.
The repair was a part that malfunctioned right after she received it - so I am responsible for taking care of it. I do not require tracking on returns but will add that to my policies from this point forward. I refunded the shipping cost to her before she sent it back, but would really like to be able to send someone a return postage label. Do you guys know if there is a way to do this in Paypal?

Thanks so much for the feedback. Live and learn :)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.