Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

anyone on handmadeartist.com or storenvy?

I been thinking about joining these two sites but I like to know sites better before I consider joining.
What are your thoughts on the two?
Have you made sales on any?

72 Responses

If they don't charge to list, I'm probably there.
I'm on so many I forget the names.
Storenvy is okay but a lot like Etsy - you have to drive your own traffic to the store. You will get very little traffic from them otherwise. I have found that it's worth the switch over from Etsy to Storenvy if you have a following already who is willing to make the switch with you. I believe there are lower fees there as well, but without the big name - very hard to get the views.
I'm on both of these sites, but no sales yet. I need to put more time into them!
I am getting ready to open on handmadeartists. The owners are super friendly, and they only charge you $5 a month. The site is for handmade only. They have a nice drama free forum too.

Storenvy is free, but they charge for certain things like using a custom domain.
I'm on storenvy but it's not that great. But it's free to list, so it can't hurt to try it out.
Marking to check into later...
A Lee from MKRTPW says
Storenvy is okay but a lot like Etsy - you have to drive your own traffic to the store. You will get very little traffic from them otherwise. I have found that it's worth the switch over from Etsy to Storenvy if you have a following already who is willing to make the switch with you. I believe there are lower fees there as well, but without the big name - very hard to get the views.

====================

I'm on storenvy as well and it's just a venue site. I had sales but they were my fans from my fb site only. You do your own promoting.

You can check mine out to get a feel.

pinkblossomcosmetics.storenvy.com
I was on handmadeartists but the site is poorly constructed and has lots of flaws, I complained about the problems in their forums and was chastised for my tone then belittled for my lack of huge amount of sales on my etsy account...I demanded my money back.

So unprofessional.
Hello,

I have a shop on HandmadeArtists.com and I do have sales! The site is growing everyday new people signing up. No they are not Etsy! The site is not perfect! The founders/owners are Handmade Artists themselves, with years of experience, they know the site needs work, improvements, better this, different that etc. And things are changing! Who do you think would know more about the ins and outs of handmade other than a Handmade Artist!

Besides the perks you receive from the site for the $ per month… Come on! Really! Go there, see for yourself, what have you got to loose. Nothing!

As I read from another artists and I quote “Soap box is going back in the cloest’… lol Good luck everyone! Many sales to you all!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.