Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Etsy vs Craft Fairs

Etsy or Craft Fairs- which do you personally find to be more successful for your shop?

Also, which do you enjoy doing more over the other?

(:

65 Responses

For me, craft fairs have been alot more successful for me. I haven't even made my first sale on etsy yet.

I enjoy craft fairs more, only because I get to interact with the customer face to face. =)
It depends on so much. Some craft fairs are a total bust, others are great. It's a ton of work, but I like to do them occasionally.
Selling on Etsy is nicer for me, but craft fairs are a necessary thing during the slow season (to keep our bills paid!) here on Etsy.
-Erin
Overall? Craft Fairs. People want to touch and smell my soaps and they do and then they buy.
It's way easier to sell in person!
Much easier to sell jewelry in person. I had a great show over the weekend and did big numbers compared to Etsy!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:20 am Jun 14, 2012 EDT
Craft Fairs

I stopped craft fairs about 3 months after starting to sell online. I think about doing boat shows...I was making more on my pc while I was at shows than the shows themselves generated, so I stopped commuting.
I agree with mostly everyone! I think craft fairs are overall a lot more successful for our shop as well.
I'm an exception to the rule I actually find online sales to be better for me than craft fairs and such.
I much prefer online sales. Two reasons: one is I don't lose productivity days by being at a show and the other is for the cost of a "good" show I can pay for 100's of etsy listings.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.