Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Know any photo editor that removes objects from photos?

I am looking for a photo editor that allows me to remove an object from a photo. I have a basic editor that won't remove objects. Any recommendation on a reliable and free editor that would do this task? Thanks so much!

8 Responses

Photoshop Elements 10.0 will. Sorry it's not free though
well technically they all do, you just have to do some work by erasing things.
I use www.irfanview.com/, free download. Not sure if it will do what you want, but it is FREE. :-)
Gee, that would come in handy for a lot of photos. I have this unwanted object in many photos. I like to refer to that object as my "ex."

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
You can do anything in Photoshop.
Be careful of free software & programs, you often get what you pay for.

I hear Gimp is rather good in the free department, but I don't use it. Ripping a picture can be complicated, that is, removing something from it. In concept it sounds easy, but once you get in there, you'll find there is a bit more to it.

I cut people & objects out of pix all of the time. In fact, I just shoot the scene I want, knowing I'm going to remove what I don't want from it. Of course, I've been doing it for some time.

You may want to look at older versions of software, to get a great price, instead of free. There are many that will give on older version of their software away, so check into that too. They are the actual copies, just a version or two older than the current one. This way you may want to buy the most current version.
Yes, it's called Tesla and it's free. It also has a Photoshop extension, of the cs6 type : )
If its just an item in the background you can use fotofuze.com. Hilights what you want to see and it turns everything else white.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.