Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do US residents have a problem with buying from international stores?

Show Thread Summary

137 Responses

the same applies with if I need something within 4-5 days, i wouldnt rely on a US seller and USPS to get it here in time, i would go out locally and buy it first. and i would even pay more if i had to.

and thats even with the fact of rarely having delayed domestic packages too. it doesnt matter to me that 99% of the time USPS gets things here within their timeframe or not

anything that I need in a certain time period, i am going to make sure i have the greatest buffer possible, and i am not going to cut it close and rely on mail delivery times for it, unless i have no other choice
Thank you all for your opinions! I have destilled them and sort of tried to capture the common denominator in my newest blog: smplianwi.blogspot.nl/

I would by from a store outside the US for sure, but sometimes the shipping cost stops me. International shipping rates are so expensive that I find myself buying more from US stores because of it.
artisanwoodcrafting from artisanwoodcrafting says Edited on Jun 16, 2012

Huiyi Tan from huiyitan says

It only takes 5-10 working days to send packages to US, it think that's quite fast :)

really? i have one canadian supplier, and have never received my orders in less than 4 weeks, and many times 6-8weeks is the norm

++++++++++++

I always get stuff quicker from overseas then I do from the states (or even from another province).
Hello Jello Salad, good to hear so! Where are you based yourself?
I've bought from international shops. I do agree with what was said before though. If I had a deadline and needed something quickly, I would just buy what I needed locally.
I order supplies from international sellers all the time. It actually suprises me how fast packages get to me, especially when they beat shippments coming from the U.S.
i would. it's possible i do, as i buy clipart and don't even look to see where the seller is from.
if i weren't too, it would be because i didn't want to pay higher shipping, or didn't want to wait, or if they had in policies not responsible for lost mail (but that goes for usa sellers too)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.