Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Paypal address wrong and package already shipped.

Show Thread Summary

19 Responses

if anything she could just go back to the old address and tell them she accidentally shipped a package over there and for them to look out for one just in case (assuming she is in the same town)
I've had something similar happen twice. In one case the person lived in the same town, but at a different address. I called the PO in that town and they agreed to hold the package for her and she was able to pick it up. In the other case the package was being shipped to another town - I called the PO there and they forwarded it to the right place for no additional charge. I wasn't charged anything additional in either case and the PO was extremely easy to work with and very helpful. Good luck :-)
Even if it were to get forwarded, if she needs it by this weekend I would imagine that would add additional time and delay it's arrival. I like Lisa's suggestion!
If you can get a hold of your post person's supervisor
The supervisor is in the building where the mail is dropped off they can flag it and rewrite the correct address
I have done this several times in the past with missing apartment numbers and wrong addresses
They even called me back when the address was corrected
No charge and they were very happy to help me.
I am going to try and see what they say. I am waiting to hear back from the buyer since there are multiple PO's in the city where she lives. I am unsure which one to call.

I also offered her the overnight option. So hopefully this will work out some how!
If you call or go to your PO with the address they can give you the direct phone number of the PO the item would go to
Oh cool! I will do that tomorrow morning. My branch is closed for the night already.
She can put in a new forwarding address today. She can even do it online. It's not perfect, but hopefully a CYA move.
OMG that is something that would happen to me!

Let us know how it turns out..Good Luck..Great suggestions in here!
happend to me - customer said address was wrong 2 days after i sent the package out. advised she would have to contact the person at the address i sent it to... she wrote street instead of avenue!!!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.