Sign in to participate in this discussion.

online customs form?

To save time at the PO, I was going to fill out the online customs form for international first class for my most recent order going to Norway.

I've read that the PO workers now have to type in the info from the handwritten forms while we wait .vs. just scanning the barcode on the printed forms. With 5 little ones under the age of 7 by my side, fast trips in and out of the PO are much preferred.

But the form requires a phone number for both the sender and recipient. We don't have buyers phone numbers shown anywhere here, right? And I'm not going to bother customers with an extra email asking for it...

Is it okay to put my own phone number in both spots? How do you handle this?

7 Responses

Here's the form I'm referring to:
I put 0's.
I put zeros, and other sellers put their own phone number. Either will work.

I also include the buyers email address. Not sure if it's ever used, but I fill that out just in case.
Thanks for the help! I guess I could have asked my post office people, but then again, we're always trying to get in and out asap:) No questions allowed.
I have just encountered the new customs forms today (online). I did use my phone number for both, hope that works! Entering the email is a good idea for this.
I also just put zeros.
I found out all I need to do was put in a single zero in order to go to the next page. I put their email in just in case. it doesn't appear on the printed paperwork.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.