Close

Discussions

This topic has been closed.

New to Etsy, would appreciate some advice.

Hello!

I just opened my shop a few days ago and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at my shop and give me any advice as to what I could do better to increase views/favorites and eventually get some sales!

Thanks so much!

15 Responses

you can try teams for a critique
Hi, teams are good. But I think first off you need to work on your titles, and your pic's. When I started out i loved photos like you are doing, however i was told to take them on plain white backgrounds. This will show your item better. And your titles need to be redone, sorry, but you get more views when you put your 3 most important words first. For example, i sell stick pins for embellishing scrapbooks, and cardmaking. so I would make my title like this..
Stick Pin Embellishments For Scrapbooking Cardmaking Papercrafts.
I hope this helps you out!!
Thanks Teresa, that was very helpful!
Also, when you do your tags use all 13, and try to list your title as much as you can. This is the way google does there searches. the first 3 words in your title, and don't put a color in your title, save it for your tags.
I would not put your pics on plain white backgrounds since many of them are already white. I like the background, I would just crop the pics a bit so you can see what they're saying a little easier.
put some of your angled shots as first position, to enliven the layout. BTW, i'm not sure shooting on white will do it for you, because your posters are white ...
they need to be brighter, take into picasa or photoshop and use white balance or levels to get them bright.
Ditto what Anne said!
Thanks! I just changed some of them so that some angled photos are first. Thanks so much for your help!!!
Hello! I was new not to long ago
and my advice to you is maybe brighten your pictures more. I love the background by the overall picture could use better lighting
Definitely work on your tags and use phrases instead of single words.
Make sure you create a lot of items! More items you have the more notice you become in searches. Also promote yourself outside of etsy. Promote on twitter,tumblr,facebook,instagram,pinterest,twitter. The list can go on from that but don't forget to do that as well

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.