Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Resellers again?

I guess it is beating a dead horse but I am going to say it anyway.....I get annoyed when I see resellers on the front page of Etsy finds...and I don't even sell handmade jewelry.

Pa-leeze....allow a couple weeks because we hand make every item...1900 sales since Oct .

8 Responses

It sucks, I know, but with the new collective thing, resellers get away with even more now.
I've figured they get away with it because it's supplies. Never really looked into it though. It definitely stinks. I make jewelry and my own wire creations/earwires but don't have an etsy store for that... I've seen 100 pcs for less than $10. I couldn't possibly buy my supplies, let alone the time it would take me to wrap, hammer, harden, sand, photos, and list 100 earwires for $10. I just can't compete so I haven't even attempted it. :( --- those same shops continually show up in my newly listed items on the front page too. Disappointing.
I understand resellers are very frustrating, but having 1900 sales in 9 months isn't out of the realm of possibility.

All we can do, unfortunately, is just report and move on. :( Maybe in the future Etsy will hire even more QA people to scour through Etsy and boot off the "collectives" that are bringing down the quality of the site.
1900 individual sales? maybe not. 1900 sales with 100 pcs per sale? no way. I've been making earwires since 1994. It's just not humanly possible at those listed prices.

Report them? I didn't know that was allowed but a few of the shops I know of have been around for some time and they have a gazillion sales so I wonder if reporting them would do any good but to frustrate myself. ???
Reporting is pretty pointless, none of the resellers I have flagged have ever been removed, and I even provided links to the wholesaler providing them.
Some have been in place for 2 yrs!
I'm at the point where I just do my best to avoid looking at the front page. I literally try to keep calm and carry on...and then throw back a Gin and Coke for good measure.
I am really upset about it too... the world has Ebay for those people, ETSY should represent quality, hand-made, not quick cash makers who scam people and abuse the copyright laws !
Buckle your seat belt because they are here for the long haul. They aren't going anywhere.

I do feel bad for everyone who is stuck trying to compete with them.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.