Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Direct checkout ?

I set up my shop for direct checkout yesterday and immediately had a large sale through it. Problem is that I just set it up yesterday and have yet to confirm my bank account due to the 2-3 day wait. As I understand it, I then have to wait another 3 days for the payment to clear/be available to go into my account.

Do I ship this large order regardless of the fact that I don't have my money or my account connected yet? As of right now I have no money available in my shop payment account and I don't feel comfortable shipping a OOAK item without knowing that I will definitely be paid.

14 Responses

if you just set it up, all funds are held for 10 days initially. and you have to always ship before etsy will release any money to you. the customer has paid etsy and etsy is holding the money for you

after the initial 10 day hold, all money is held for 3 days OR until you ship, whichever is later.

if you ever change banking info, then you will also go through the initial 10 day hold again too
I had this problem too! But you are good to go! As long as it says that they paid you are ok. I had to wait for the deposits from etsy also ( my customer purchased before I confirmed them) and everything went smoothly!

After you confirm the deposits they hold it for 10 more days, but you can see the money that you have waiting.

You are good to ship :)
Thank you for explaining that to me =)

I guess the part that confuses me a bit is that the status says paid but it doesn't show up in the shop payment account section.
The one draw back to DC is the holding of funds (if you don't keep extra money to use). But if you just signed up and got a big sale then I'm really encouraged. Maybe this feature is going to help increase sales?
Just wanted to add; good time to start building a cash-flow fund(if you don't already have one), so you don't get in a pinch should you get a lot of sales..
getting that sale likely has nothing to do with accepting DC. the customer wanted to pay with their CC, so thats the option they choose. if OP didnt accept DC, then the customer most likely would have still selected the CC option, which would have been through paypal

many people get sales through it right after getting it, all it means is that people are choosing to pay with their CC
I'm glad someone clarifed that for me. Up to know I only have used Paypal on my selling venues. Oh well, Congrads on the big sale OP!
anywhere you accept paypal, you already accept CC's too. if you dont accept DC, the CC logos are next to the paypal option in listings
I don't care for DC and I am considering dropping it. PayPal direct deposits my funds the day after any sale. I don't have to mark it shipped, wait 3 days etc. Basically, Etsy deposits funds every Monday and I do not care for another enity controlling my funds. I'm all worked up now. Probably a good time to steam ahead.
Jess

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.