Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Convo response time?

If I'm awake, I respond to customers within the hour. For our overseas customers, I always respond to their convos as soon as I wake up. I do this for a living, so every potential sale counts.

I have emailed other sellers in the past and they have been slow to respond. Well, slow to my standards. But maybe my standards are too high.

How long do you expect to wait for a response? How long do you expect your customers to wait?

105 Responses

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 5:15 pm Jul 11, 2012 EDT
I'd like to receive an answer within a day or two. I'm emotional buyer, so if I have to wait longer, I probably shop somewhere else.
I also answer soon after I get them. I look it as a sale also. I dont like waiting or Ill just move on. There are usually many more people that sell the same items.
The sooner I get a response the better. I will wait 1-2 business days though (only if I'm waiting for a response) knowing not everyone is at the computer every second of the day.

But if someone writes me I write within the hour.
For me same day is great, within a couple hours fabulous, within a few minutes incredible.

Personally, I try to respond as soon as I'm in a position to do so (sometimes I'm on the road and it's a bit of a pain to respond via iPhone, especially if the question is regarding shipping costs or additional inventory). Definitely within 24 hours, usually within hours, sometimes even minutes.

I know I've received a few sales simply because I did respond quickly. Gives the buyer confidence that I care about my shop, my business and their sale :)
Alex Wijnen from AtticAntics says:

I know I've received a few sales simply because I did respond quickly. Gives the buyer confidence that I care about my shop, my business and their sale :)

---- I take this mentality too. It's ideal if I catch them still at the computer and looking at my item!
I try and respond as soon as possible, generally within a few hours. On the weekends I will check my shop in the mornings and evenings, but during the day it is family time so my response time on weekends can be a little longer.
48 hours is reasonable to me during the week. If I send a message on friday at all, I think waiting til monday for your response is ok as well, due to the weekend.
As a seller I respond within 1-4 hours. As a buyer, I move on if I don't hear back within 12 hours.
I respond right away as well. I'm online 16 hours a day so I would hope other sellers would be too. Regardless of whether I am busy with other things, I check my messages at the very least once an hour.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.