Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Free local shipping

I was looking for a way to give local customers the option to buy my items without having to pay shipping since they would be picking up their items. Since etsy does not allow shipping rates at the city level, I decided to create a coupon code for it. I have it listed on my header that it is for those who will pick up their orders. Hopefully this will work.

14 Responses

i guess it depends where you are meeting these people and hopefully you have someone with you at all times. also, youre not protected if they decide to claim they never got their items and disputed it through paypal. Some people are just dishonest like that.
Lovely idea. If you should have problems with that you could just give them a refund when they pick their item up! good luck!
I have done this as well and given the option to pay in cash. I have only done one transaction this way so far but it worked well.
Are you in any way protected if the buyer comes back and says your item was not delivered?
All I have to do is have them sign a form that they received it .
I just got a buyer today actually who somehow, surprisingly lives right up the street from me. I work at a local bookstore and told her that I'd have her necklace there tomorrow if she'd like to pick it up in the store and once she has it in her hands, I'll refund her shipping.

I figure that way, if she doesn't come in to pick it up, I can still mail it to her, and I won't be out a shipping cost :)
Keep in mind that you may get non-local buyers using that code. You may want to figure out in advance how you're going to handle that.
Shelby Wilkerson from MyCountryHaven says

All I have to do is have them sign a form that they received it .

Paypal will not accept that. You must have online tracking, or they will refund the buyer in the event of a non-delivery claim.
Well, I have it stated that if they use this code and are not going to pick it up, they will have to pay the shipping

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.