Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

july sales off

I am having a sale and my views are up but no sales. Is any jewelry seller having sales? I realize that 10% off is not much but my prices are not as high as most jewelers and I cannot reduce them any more without selling at a loss. What do you suggest? Should I cancel the sale?

4 Responses

Nikki, if you can afford to run the sale until July 22nd, it's worth trying. Etsy's "official" Christmas In July sale will be running between July 12th and July 22nd this year. Just make sure that all your sale items are tagged with christmasinjuly and cij.
You might want to reconsider your pricing scheme if more than 10% off gives you a loss. Ideally you want Etsy prices to be retail so that you can offer wholesale prices if you are asked.

I personally find that sales don't work for me, but I know that participating in Etsy promoted sales can make a difference, so waiting might help

This July has been great for me; I have already beaten last July's income totals. I hope things pick up for you soon!
Good luck, Nikki...summer is always slow for me so I just try to buckle down and create new products for the upcoming holiday season. I can't really afford a sale, since my profit margin is pretty low already so I try to use the down time to sew.
To my surprise we have had a great July and the first part of the month has been much better than most. I must add however that we have been listing lots of new stuff and constantly building our inventory which has kept our views up there with most any month this year.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.