Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

How often do you renew?

I just decided to renew a few of my listings because my views were extremely low the past couple days. Not even two minutes after I renewed, I jumped from 2 views to over 20 views. I'm very pleased!

How often do you renew your items? Do you renew only when they're about to expire?

I'm wondering if I should renew more often...

52 Responses

www.etsy.com/forums_search.php?search_query=should+i+renew&search_t...
seriously Sara?

I only renew when things expire, or I haven't had anything to list or renew in a while.
I renew all the time, I love it! Really it takes up a large part of my advertising budget. I mean, really, all the time!
I renew items every single day. I've been doing it for years and years. I'm so busy now that I don't have time to list new items every day, even every week, so renewing works for me.
Only when they expire / sell or like a random 1x a week if I don't list any.
Never since they changed the search to relevancy. Saves me money....
I guess it works for some and works for others. I was just so surprised at the jump in views after renewing.

I haven't listed anything new in a few days so I figured it'd be good to renew.
I've heard mixed thoughts on this. Some people renew constantly and they swear that it boosts their views and sales and other people say that if you're tags are good enough you'll show up first in searches because of the whole relevancy thing. I only see new or renewed items when they show up in that new items from your favorite shops section on the activity page. I've renewed an item and had an increase in views and I've done it and had nothing happen so I almost never do.
The only time I'll renew an item is when its about to expire.

If you have good titles and tags then a potential buyer can find your shop and your items regardless of when it was listed.

Renewing doesn't bring in any traffic from outside of Etsy at all.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.