Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

How do you manage as a SAHM with an Etsy shop?

Show Thread Summary

61 Responses

I only have one child (so far) .. she is a year and a half, but I started this business when I was pregnant with her. She was colicky for the first 5 months of her life, and it was VERY hard - I (stupidly) did a sold out Heartsy deal last summer and so I had a lot of orders to fill, and since I couldn't put her down, I had to knit over her head while she slept..

Now I do most of my knitting during her nap time and when she goes down for the night (and I am lucky that she goes down around 6:30 PM). When she wakes up for her nap we go for a walk to the post office to drop off my packages for the day. It is a pretty good system - I try to devote the rest of my time to her, but I do admit that sometimes I get drawn in to see what my stats are / if I have any convos, etc., :)
I Love this thread!

all of these things, I think about all of the time.
Sometimes I feel guilty for letting "Dora" babysit for a while.
Always I feel guilty when I order out pizza, lol!
Sometimes I ship the kids off to grandmas for the weekend.
Always, I drink loads of coffee.
Sometimes I daydream about having a studio outside of my home.
Never do I get enough sleep. lol

But the rewards are infinite. My kids get to see my smiling face every day and when I pick them up from school. And they get to hug me anytime they want! :))

It is alot harder with school out and the bigger kids are home, I still have my 4 year old and my "hubby" is gone every other week for his work.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.