Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Can someone please explain Wanelo?

It seems a lot like stumbleupon. What's the difference?

20 Responses

Anyone?
I think it's a website where people post a thing they like with the link to your item. ^^
I think it's more similar to Pinterest...I have an account there, I had a couple of views from there but that's all...
From what I understand its like Pinterest but only has products for sale, so no recipes, travel, DIY, etc...
I don't know stumbleupon very well, but I can tell you that it is different from Pinterest in that you can only post items that are for sale on Wanelo-- not just any random image.

Another difference is that only one person can post an item for the first time-- if you tried to post an item someone else has posted, you are redirected to their page, and you can save it to your feed from their feed.

I've had good luck there, and get a lot of views there.

(I've had a few items on the front page of Wanelo and had an item featured in their newsletter once. My top source of hits outside Etsy are from Wanelo.)
I like it because you can self-promot without feeling bad. Then other people share and pass it around. I know there are teams where Etsy sellers save each other's items to try to make them into trending items. I don't do that, but sometimes enough people share mine that I get onto the second or third page of trending items. One of my most recent sales was from Wanelo. To me it's definitely worth the time to use, and I have a little plug-in in my favorites bar that makes it very simple to add items.
From what I understand its like Pinterest but only has products for sale, so no recipes, travel, DIY, etc
---------------------------------------------------................===================

Yep seems like that to me too
I'm not really sure, but I do know one of my items was trending and on the FP of Wanelo for a couple of days and I got a crazy amount of views from it.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.