Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Getting your first item sold!

Show Thread Summary

15 Responses

Relevant titles and tags. This way when someone finds you in search results, they are actually finding what they are looking for ... and you're more likely to get a sale than have someone just move on to another item.
If the lack of sales on your page is bothering you, you could find a friend or family member who would like to buy something from you, and ask them to purchase via Etsy! That gets you over the "first sale" hurdle.

You can also earn some feedback by buying, as well as selling, on Etsy, which is encouraging to shoppers (I know that in my case, I generally look at the feedback number and percentage rather than the number of sales in a shop for reassurance if I am interested in buying something). If you buy a few small items for yourself and leave feedback, the sellers will probably do the same in return.

Good luck!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 6:09pm Jul 23, 2012 EDT
Ohh wow I have never heard of Wanelo before, this site is amazing I am finding some cool things over there and I think it might be perfect for my shop!! Thank you for posting about it!
Some of my items have proved popular on wanelo, but others are complete flops. I don't find that many people come into my shop from wanelo though
You might want to consider buying a few things on etsy and specifically ask the seller to give you a good rating once you have paid and done your part.

That way even if you have no sales, at least you'll have a 100% rating on the feedback you DO have (from buying). People will know you're a real person and not some bot ;)
Thanks for the Wanelo tip! I must be living under a rock--I had never heard of it but it looks like a great place to get some more exposure. Thank you!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.