Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

How to make selling account on Very Jane?

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:12 am Aug 2, 2012 EDT
Hi,
I found this site today on FB, and would like to try it.
But cannot find how to start selling there...

Do you need to be invited? If so how to get this invitation

veryjane.com/Deal/1041/ruffle-chiffon-maxi-skirt-8-colors-to-choose...

If you tried this site before how do you like it?
Thanks.

8 Responses

support@veryjane.com

Never heard of them, but you can email them.
I got invited once but I turned it down ... I didn't seem to be a selling site as much as somewhere to offer a discount (bigger discount than I was comfortable with) to their fans ...
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:27 am Aug 2, 2012 EDT
MelFischer, thanks, I have just sent them e-mail with my question.

April, I've searched the site and saw some sellers offer 50% disccount, some twice less.
I wonder how it works. I guess you set up the discount yourself...
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 6:47 pm Aug 2, 2012 EDT
I've got a response. I am not sure if I want to try it, but may be in some future...

They take 25-30% for featuring sellers. I think it is too high, considering my prices are not very high.

Also they ask to send them samples of your product for quality and packaging check. I assume they would not return it. I do not want to give my items for free.
Anyone who check veryjane should also be very careful. They will not accept my items and will not respond to my questions of why. Most of the things one that site do not look like they were made by individuals. They look more like things from companies and just repackaged.
i think a ton of the VJ stuff comes from china.
What attracted you to that particular site?
A friend of mine sells custom monogrammed items such as tote bags and beach towels on that site. She just sold 70 monogrammed beach towels at $18 each that she bought for $3 each. I want to give it a try.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.