Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Guest post for promotion

Have you ever considered guest posting on blogs to get some exposure for your handmade business? A few of my favorite places to share are:

Handmadeology:
www.handmadeology.com

Submit your etsy items, treasuries, blog posts, or even just a helpful tip. This is a fantastic community.

Craftgawker:
craftgawker.com

They take blog posts. You have to have excellent photography and a relevant article, but there's a huge pay-off. The articles I've submitted to Craftgawker have received tens of thousands of views. If you have a tutorial or how-to {or you can create one}, your article will get tons of attention on Craftgawker (and consequently on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Stumble Upon).

Heart Handmade blog:
www.hearthandmadeblog.com

I love this site! You can submit your shop and story for feature. The "Get Featured" page is set up like an interview template: it's so fun!

Marketing Creativity
www.marketyourcreativity.com
Disclaimer: it's my site! :)

I'm currently looking for guest posts, and I often feature top sellers in beautiful interview spreads. Click "New here?" or the email icon to get in touch.

Also, if you're new to a software or some other type of skill, write an article about that! I recently learned how to create typography posters, so I wrote up a big article about it (I even included video tutorials). www.marketyourcreativity.com/2012/07/graphics-typography-font-oh-my/

When the creators of the software I was using found out about it, they posted it on their tutorials page ... bringing me tons of traffic I never expected.

Where else do you post or write about your products?

8 Responses

great info, thanks! i haven't done as much as i should / could, but i do have some squidoo lenses which i've had some success with. I know there is so much more i can do, but only so much time and creativity here.
Thanks for all the info, going to check them out.
Thanks, and fancy4u, I just signed up for Squidoo last night! I'm trying to figure that whole thing out ... good tip!
@Lisa, i was surprised at the 'weight' that site has as far as tags go, it comes up in searches very well. I think you'll like the flexibility of it also, lots can be done there that I haven't even explored yet!
These are excellent sources. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to check them out.

I'll also throw in ezinearticles.com. An SEO professional whose workshop I went to last year highlighted this website as another good promotional source.
Thank you, Farragio, for another great resource.

@fancy4u, I'm sold! I'll definitely spend more time with it.
handmadeology site is nice. thanks for sharing..
Oh my goodness, papernstitch

papernstitch.com

I can't believe I missed this in the original post. Submit your shop items to be featured in their very popular gallery!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.