Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Etsy front page wedding banner...

Um...ok it was nice for a while but can we do something about this....I know I know ...when I looked at it yesterday it said "shop back to school" ....can't we do something related to fall??? Anyone else have any opinions on this matter??? Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but thought it needed addressing.

11 Responses

Can we just let the banner thing go?
It's a much-discussed topic, unfortunately it appears to be how Etsy wants to present itself, or to highlight/feature, or position itself to new visitors. To me, it seems like that is what Etsy is about: wedding gift and items shopping site when I view the homepage. Maybe this is really big business and the way they feel will bring the maximum draw(?)
@Diana, I'm sure this is the OP has mentioned it and didnt mean to harp.
I think it causes some new customers to think that weddings are the main focus of etsy, and it really hurts the rest of us if buyers not interested in weddings leave
If Etsy is making money off the wedding banner I doubt they'll completely get rid of it. You're definitely not the only one raising this issue.
I wish it would go away permanently too, but I am thankful that at least SOMETIMES there's the back-to-school banner...
Maybe when it gets closer to Halloween there will be a Halloween banner :)
I guess its ok for those that sell mainly wedding items and I'm sure it doesn't bother them at all...but for those of us that don't sell "wedding" items per say...I just feel like it leaves us in the dark. I understand that promoting weddings on Etsy's front page lets people know where to find some amazing wedding stuff for that " oh so special day" and I realize that people are willing to drop a load of dough for wedding items. ... Just sayin that enough is enough ya know....I mean.. c'mon...When stores start selling Christmas items full force in the middle of summer...by the time its close to Christmas, I am sick of it and ready for it to be O-V-E-R with. Too much of a good thing tends to spoil it for me. Just my opinion. Everyone has one. :)
Lol, don't mind me. This has been an ongoing complaint, I'd say about daily on here.

Rather than join in on the other threads on the subject, a new one is started.

Daily.

Lol, again, don't mind me, I just think that if Etsy changes the banner, someone will complain about it. They remove it and someone will complain about it.

Complain, complain. And now I'm complaining about the complaining. Lol. ;-)
LOL! I'm sorry...guess I should have checked the threads...didn't realize this was an on going thing. You're right....people will complain no matter what. Please don't think I'm being horrible....I guess I just like variety and that's ok. LOL! Hope you're all having a splendid day!!!!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.