Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Why aren't my creations selling???

Hi everyone,

I am feeling very down. I know I don't have a lot of things but none of it is selling. Why??? I have a facebook page, I have paid for the Etsy advertising but all I get are people adding to their favorites. I really need some advice. I check my Etsy every 10 minutes in hopes of a sale.

Thanks,
Lisette

22 Responses

There are a lot of possible reasons. The SASsy Critiques team has a ton of useful information.

Also read their blog. There is an excellent shop self-critique post on their blog. You can find the self-critique URL in the "who can join?" team information.

The team is at www.etsy.com/teams/7702/sassy-critiques .
You should check your Etsy Stats and see what top keywords people are using when they find you. Try using those in your tags section. Also make sure to use keywords in your titles.
Are you able to increase your inventory. Can you imagine going into a "bricks and mortar" shop and there are only 30 items.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:24am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
I did a Google search... delete the / in your title. and the fist line of your description needs to have search terms. Add more key words. ie...

Set of 3 beautiful solid oak reclaimed barn wood floating wall shelves. The approximate dimensions of bottom shelf is 36" long, 3 1/4" wide, and 1 1/2 - 2 1/2" tall. The two small shelves are each 12" long, 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" tall, and 3 1/4" wide.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:30am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
Check the order of words in your titles. Someone looking for a diaper bag will not begin the search using "red polka dot" or "Soccer print".

For title: Diaper bag, red polka dot. Etc.

Your descriptions are very good with features and sizes. Your photos look good.
i honestly dont know except that you are competing with a lot of similar shops. your colors are vibrant... photos arent bad.

are you being passive with your marketing plan? do you have a marketing plan?

you cant really count on internal traffic entirely, with handmade. if you dont have a plan to market your shop, make one and follow through with it.

thats all i can say

Just looking quickly, I noticed your baby bibs. Some etsians won't buy from shops selling things made with licensed fabrics (Elmo, etc.) since most think that goes against trademark laws (licensed fabrics often just for home use not to make items for sale). Also your bib prices are very low. Many people have perceived value of items. If it's too low priced, they think low quality. It's great that you use snaps with your bibs--that's more rare from what buyers tell me. Not sure if your snaps are CPSIA compliant but if they are you might want to note that & if not, use other snaps.

Hope this helps. I agree that your photos look good!
Might have a problem with licensed fabrics.
If I knew the secret I would gladly share it, my stuff isn't selling either...

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.