Sign in to participate in this discussion.

What should I do next?

Hi everybody,

I am having a hard time to get my shop viewed and as a result I am not selling anything...

I studied all the Etsy methods to get exposure, and even paid for ads (with the budget that I don't even have). Used all social media out there and linked Etsy with my website. But nothing helped and I am getting frustrated.

Do most Etsy sellers go though this in the begging? What am I doing wrong? What should I do next?

Thanks to all in advance!

11 Responses

I don't think users have had too much luck with the ads..but I might be wrong since I haven't tried them myself. I would suggest reading up on Etsy Shop SEO to make sure you are using good keywords and that your shop profile it filled out correctly for SEO.

Keep up your efforts on social media and adding a link to your website is always a good thing too. I definitely went through the same thing in the beginning and it took about 6 months or so before sales started to come in regularly.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:24am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
Sounds like your on the right track. Maybe do some tweaking in your shop, you know edit your listings a little, edit tags, add photos, and keep promoting. Good luck!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:11am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
I think (like me) you could do with more items in your shop. I have found that people who sell more have more items ie 150-200 plus. You have some very interesting items but I think adding free shipping in you titles can sometimes show a bit of desperation to sell. I did this once and I got less sales - maybe its jsu me but I have found it didn't help me atall :)
Two things that etsy has alot of is Jewelry shops and painting shops so your competition is large but not to despair just keep on doing what you are doing and keep improving your shop and it will get there it just takes time.
Olga, if I may add.

Don't forget to fill in your Shop Policies; those are vital.
For me I just gotta keep adding new stuff. If I had something new often then I get more sales. When I just let it sit there I don't get any sales :/
Thanks for the suggestions!

I will keep doing what I am doing (besides the adds, did it twice with no luck-not recommended!) and will fill in my shop policies!

Its hard to sell with such huge competition of great artists in one place!

I never look at the ads, so I feel that other shops don't look at them either.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 4:08pm Aug 7, 2012 EDT
Don't worry, you're not alone. :) A lot of people are facing the same issue. I think that it really just takes time and sales will pick up as we start to approach the holiday season. Don't give up, be persistent. Maybe look into some local craft shows to get your name out there.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.