Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Have you ever received religious materials in a package from an Etsy seller?

Is is against TOU?

190 Responses

There was a long thread on this a few weeks ago I think!
I don't think its against the TOU. But this has been mentioned before and I believe that most felt it was inappropriate. I would certainly not like it.
I should search it I guess.
I am very unhappy about it.
Yes, and I just throw it out. No biggie, at least to me.

There have been threads about this over the years. Some people are outraged and will never buy again, some people don't like it and tell seller. I'm in the camp of just like any other material that comes with many purchases, if I don't want it, trash. End of story.

ETA: If you're otherwise pleased with your purchase and will buy again, just let seller know in future to please exclude.
I don't know, but if it was of no interest to me I would just throw it away and forget it.

There was a very long thread about it for sure. And most did not feel it was appropriate to do this and I agree. This is a business place and although it's probably a good intention on the sender of the materials, not everyone is religious.
What sort of religious materials? something offensive?
not against the TOU, just in bad taste

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.