Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do you guys buy facebook or google ads to advertise? and how much weekly budget do you allot for this?

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:43am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
i think it's worth exploring it for product launches and for the yuletide season just to market products, but i dont wanna overspend. let me know how much you folks spend on it

8 Responses

We used google adwords monthly for our jewelry shop the first two years we were open as part of our start up business plan to advertise our etsy store, stratussilver.etsy.com and our stand alone site to get the ball rolling.

Our monthly budget varied depending on the season. Some sellers would consider our budget hefty and some would not. It really just depends on your personal business plan and revenue.

Most people pay for clicks so they're only paying to advertise to people who are actually interested in their product. You bid on the keywords and can set your budget for whatever you want.

The key is to limit your keywords to very specific terms that relate to your items and do it consistently. Thinking you'll advertise for one month and rake in sales will more than likely end in disappointment. You have to play with it a bit to figure out what works for your shop.

Best to you!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:16am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
thanks, renee. great advice, im keeping note of this.
if i got only 30 bucks to spare, would that still have any mileage?
thanks!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:22am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
i wouldn't try out a new advertising with only $30

there's usually ways to get $75 in free google ads when you sign up for it. but you usually have to go through an ad to get it.

and sometimes there's free facebook advertising too.

I used google ads for an occult supplies dot com store I owned, however I never really made any sales there and probably sank about 50 into ads. I guess it depends on what market you have.
Try just a plain olf facebook page. Those are free to start. And then you can promote individual posts for under 5 dollars a pop. I have found facebook to be a very good tool.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:29am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
very handy, micheal! thanks, ill try all your tips. thanks , guys!
have a great week!
I used facebook ads this past week for the first time, I only used £10 to see what it's like. I got thousands of views on my fb page, and 10 new likes

So, I guess yeah it worked, but it wasnt that amazing that I'd pay for it again x
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:38am Aug 7, 2012 EDT
cool bananas!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.