Discussions

This topic has been closed.

ALIBABA TAKE ACTION NOW!!

Honestly I am sick and tired of this. I now find not only one but 4 of my items MADE MY ME AND PHOTOGRAPHED BY ME in your site. I know you are a marketplace just like any other, BUT your screening is THE WORST! Not only me but thousands of other crafters here on Etsy are struggling with your site and their shops stealing intellectual property; our designs, are photography, OUR HARD WORK!!

What can we as crafters do right now against this? This must be stopped!

I want to listen to what the Alibaba rep (they have an account here) have to say, and I hope it's not another refried answer to report and how they have a strong policy against intellectual property theft.

Go and check the site and search, your photos/items could be there too.

113 Responses

maybe you should post this to Alibaba???
i have heard of the pics being removed quite fast
I did, but there's an Aliababa rep here, and I want a public response since sooo many shops have been posting here during these past days and no attention to the matter has been taken.
I've heard {many times} of pics NOT being removed quickly by Alibaba. In fact sellers have been told it's just too dang bad. And it was also the shop owners, themselves, posing in the pics. Crazy! I feel for you and haven't looked for my pics there in quite some time. It just makes my blood boil that so many people steal photos to sell their stuff. Best of luck to everyone!
wow that is really annoying...wonder what their finished product is like...
you should convo the alibabrep and ask her to check in on this for you. I think she specifically asks for notification of theft.
felicesereno from FeliceSereno says
wow that is really annoying...wonder what their finished product is like...

If we are going to do One World internet business these copyright laws need to be international as well.
I am sick of China being able to take whatever they want because we have so little legal recourse.
Oh and alibaba if you are listening I have to go to your site at least once a month and send cease and desist letters to your sellers for my stolen photos. It totally sucks. And it makes me look like a less than honest seller. I hate it!
satanica batcakes from BatcakesCouture says Edited on Aug 7, 2012
If we are going to do One World internet business these copyright laws need to be international as well.
I am sick of China being able to take whatever they want because we have so little legal recourse.
Oh and alibaba if you are listening I have to go to your site at least once a month and send cease and desist letters to your sellers for my stolen photos. It totally sucks. And it makes me look like a less than honest seller. I hate it!
Thanks for your feedback, dear. Do you have those letter notarized? Do you write them yourself or a lawyer does it for you? I'm thinking I'm going to have to resort to this but I'm a college student, not much money to splurge on legal fees.
They do have forums. Have you posted there as well?

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.