Close

Discussions

This topic has been closed.

If you dont respond in 48 hours, you will lose my business

I just wanted to throw that out there, because I feel that a lot of shop owners are losing business because of slow response times and I would never want to see anyone lose business for that reason. Especially when youre dealing with wedding items, and things are hectic, the quicker the response the better.
Translate

146 Responses

Agreed!
Translate
Ok, sounds reasonable :)
Translate
I understand where you are coming from, but sometimes life does happen.
Translate
I agree, but things can come up. If you need something soon and you don't get a response, I agree you should just move on but always let the seller know you have looked elsewhere!
Translate
I check Etsy everyday and I always respond to questions immediately. I don't understand why anyone would not.
Translate
Sounds really reasonable! I know things can come up and it depends on each one. But It doesn't take to long to drop off a quick letter.
Translate
To play devil's advocate, I have heard a lot of sellers say that personal issues sometimes get in the way of them responding. Others say their shop is "closed" on the weekends so they don't respond to convos then either.

I do see where these people are coming from but I hope they understand that they WILL loose business over this.

I my two shops, there is hardly ever a time that I don't respond within an hour and most of the time it is within 10 minutes (I am a little Etsy psycho). As a buyer, I too walk away from a shop if I have not heard back within 24 hours.
Translate
Yesirree!
Translate
I know there are a lot of great sellers who respond very fast! But there is just as many who will respond DAYS later, and its just like "ugh"!
Translate

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.