Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Slow months?

Show Thread Summary

25 Responses

Been on Etsy since 2007, i'm up from last year but that's because I didn't really market myself or push sales. Once I started putting myself out there, I saw a huge increase, until this summer.

June was slow at first then picked up at the end but was a struggle to get sales, July picked up due to my CIJ sale, but now August is just plain DEAD, I have a lot of views, but only 4 sales this month. It seems having a sale is the only way to get things SOLD during summer months, so I just started having another one and hope business picks up! Good luck to you and everyone else, hope things turn around here soon!!
Well, since I posted this thread, I've seen an increase in sales. Almost as soon as Aug started, we've been more steady. I don't know why, but I'll take it for sure!
I suppose over time, I'll be able to track some trends better, but July was getting tumbleweed dry as far as sales go- I was starting to wonder...
I think right before school starts seems to be my slowest time.
I think this time of year is a bit slow, I found the same last year, but it should pic up soon. I wouldn't read too much in to it, just keep making, listing and making sure your shop looks great to potential customers and I'm sure sales will pic up in the pre Christmas rush.
Too slow month!
It's a bit sad to have 15 views on a day!
I don't know the secrets of Etsy!

Good luck!
;-)
I also see a slowing trend this month (July), however I'm taking advantage by ramping up my listings and my product lines while I have the time.
Good luck to you all!!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.