Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

New Shop - Lots of Favorites but only one sale so far.

Hi there,
We opened about 10 days ago and we're getting lots of shop and listing views and have been lucky enough to be featured on the Etsy Fashion front page. That said, so far we've only had one sale. I realize it's only been 10 days but that seems like a really bad conversion rate in retail terms. Any thoughts, suggestions, critiques? Thanks so much.

10 Responses

10 days on etsy converts to about a minute in real time. Don't worry, keep working. The sales will come. Its great you already have one!
For a new shop you're doing great!!! Many shops have to wait quite a while (more than a month) before they make a sale. So you're off to a terrific start :D Right now, not many shops are making many sales. Word on the street is that business will start picking up next month or so, especially as we get closer to the holiday season. So just sit tight, keep being awesome, and don't give up^^
(I love your shop and banner by the way :3)
Thank you both.
This is my full time job now so it feels like it's supposed to happen more quickly but I understand that it takes a while to build a reputation online and to stand out among all the beautiful stuff on Etsy and online in general.
Wow! First sale in just 10 days Congrats! Beautiful Shop, I can see why so many views. Hang in there!
Best Wishes
What type of promoting are you doing off Etsy?
For most people, Etsy is a venue to host your shop. You still have to market it just like you would your own website. Internal traffic is an added "bonus" basically.
1 sale in 10 days is good, especially since you seem to sell many higher priced items. Just keep listing, keep updating, and maybe take out an ad somewhere to help.
A lot of your business on Etsy will be from word of mouth, so be patient and hang in there. It's a slow start here, but once it starts, it will snowball. The hardest part is being patient for those first few sales. I bet with back to school and the holidays coming up, you will pick up quite a bit. It's been pretty dead around here the last couple of weeks even for well established shops. Your shop looks great and should do very well. I haven't looked at your SEO. but just make sure it is geared toward the searches that are done by people who would buy your items and you'll be golden.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks for all the kind words!

Melissa, What do you mean by looking at my SEO? How do I do that?

Katrina, I have my own site that links to Etsy with a blog. I'm on Twitter, Facebook, Stumble Upon, Pinterest, Etc. Any other ideas?
Love your shop!! I think you will do very well here. I would suggest joining a few treasury teams and make treasuries to get more exposure. I think treasuries are the best promotion tool for reaching the built in traffic here. I'm not very good at promoting externally, so I find treasuries are the easiest way for me to promote.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.