Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Percentage of Sales vs Bill

When I started out on Etsy, I spent way more for my Etsy bill than I sold. That went on for quite a while.

✔ I've gone back and compared my sales on Etsy and my monthly bills from the last year.

✔ I've done experiments with "relisting" and "not relisting" the last several months.

Seems no matter how I look at it, I'm paying an average of 25% of my sales to Etsy every month. (That doesn't include PayPal's charges) $$$

If you sell products in the price range of mine and have enough sales to have gotten over the "hump", I'd be interested in seeing if I'm in the ball park with other sellers. (If your willing to share that information.)

PLEASE, don't give numbers, I'm curious about percentages only.

Thanks ☺

51 Responses

you probably have to change your prices and factor in the charges...
the only way to get over that hump, would be to get more people to buy multiple items when they buy. and dont relist unless expired, and dont spend money on search ads and the like, if you do that now. or, of course as mentioned, raise your prices
I'm not even close to that but I don't renew listings as a habit only when they expire...25% is awfully high. Do you buy the search ads?
No search ads
I had to giggle here - my SALES cover about 25% of my Etsy bill :-D. To be fair though, I've only made 4 sales!

This thread will be really useful to me later on (I hope!) when I start making more sales!
looks like you do a lot of relisting, right? its not an effective means of promotion, if your etsy fees are 25% of your sales
That's really high. My bill is usually about 5%.
I think that's way too high. I see you have a high quantity of items so I guess if you keep relisting that will ad up. To be perfectly honest with you I have tried that and never really saw a lasting increased view count. I just don't see that as a viable way to get sales. My best sales come on low view count days...go figure.
felicesereno

ARe you suggesting it's high? I understand your advise, just wondering why you say it :-)

---------------------

artisanwoodcrafting

I'm thinking by your comments, 25% is high? I do have relisted before items run out, but don't do search ads.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.