Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

feedback

HI
A customer gave me a bad feedback because she had to pay taxes in order to take her item.... actually it is the first time i hear about it and it isn't something that depends on me unfortunately....
What do you think i should do about it?
I don't want it to deter customers cause it never happened before :(
thank you
Vered

25 Responses

Was it an international order? Some international orders are subject to custom fees, but that's the buyer's responsibility.
I have had one or two US buyers demand I pay them compensation because they were charged duty on their items.

I simply explained to them that customs duty is controlled by THEIR government, and that if they feel they were wrongly charged then they need to take it up with them.
Rhi, how much did they buy? The US has one of the highest thresholds before custom fees kick in.
Thank you for your answers.
It is actually very surprising cause she bought a bag (345 usd) which is a best seller and we never had this problem.
It is too bad that she wrote it as a feedback cause it is something specific to each country and i can do nothing about it :(
Draco it was about £120 ... so approx $200?

The other was more.
Maybe try asking Etsy if they can remove it because it's really the buyer's responsibility to be aware of this. You can add a note in your policies that international orders may be subject to custom fees.
Don't etsy say that they will review and remove un-necessary negatives?
I think something beyond the sellers control is most definitely un-necessary! So definitely give it a go :)
Rhi from rockythezombie says Edited on Aug 21, 2012

Draco it was about £120 ... so approx $200?

The other was more.

They must have just grazed the threshold. I think it's $200 for clothing.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 7:47 am Aug 21, 2012 EDT
Geez! Definitely something that is not in your control. I would go to Etsy about it as well!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.