Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Question about accepting credit cards in my shop...

Hi - I am back as a seller on Etsy after an absence of a few years. Right now I only accept Paypal as I get listings back up. Can you tell me if you think directly accepting credit cards increases sales? Thank you for your feedback.

4 Responses

It didn't for me, as far as I can tell. I have about 60-70% of buyers use direct checkout but I don't have MORE sales because of it.

I figure it's just nice for my buyers to have a different option besides Paypal (my mom tried to buy from my shop and couldn't figure out how to pay using a credit card via Paypal so for people like her, direct checkout is a great solution!)
Its always good to give people more ways to pay you..
That info helps - it makes it easier for the buyer - thank you - think I will sign up for it!
Thank you Alex and Doodlebugs Treasures!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.