Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Craft Fair Reviews

Hi, I always find it hard to locate fairs and events, and reviews by sellers for events. I really thought it would be useful to have a place to look up fairs by the fair name, or by location. The local teams sometimes have information about upcoming events.. but don't really have reviews.

I created a group just for this purpose, so it doesn't clutter up other groups discussion feeds.

I want it to serve as an index, or glossary for fairs.

The way it would work, is by each fair having it's very own thread. Here when you enter your fair (one you have entered, or applied to) you would create a profile, where it has the fair dates, days of the week, hours, price, estimated traffic, whether it is juried, etc..

Then you review it, with your experience, perhaps your perception of traffic, whether you would do it again or not? Whether you met your goals etc..

Please feel fee to check out the group and add the fairs you have attended.
I think it could be so valuable to us all to be able to pull up events by location or fair name, and actually see seller experiences with them.

www.etsy.com/teams/13536/craft-fair-review

3 Responses

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 4:09pm Sep 15, 2012 EDT
With the worldwide nature of Etsy, wouldn't it be much more to your benefit to simply discuss the local craft fairs with your local artisan group?

Just in this local area there are literally thousands of festivals each year
Hi, :) Thank you for replying. I tried looking for threads on some fairs in my local group, and didn't find much. Plus they have gotten grumpy with me for creating a thread for reviewing a local fair.

I saw another group that was supposed to be a collection of fairs, but they had fairs by state. In California for example there are so many fairs it would be a hightmare to go through a full thread for the state to try to find something local.

I figured if I had a team where each thread was it's own fair, when some one looks up a fair, by searching threads it would pop up, regardless of location.

For example this is a thread.
Fiesta Hermosa, Hermosa Beach, California...
In retrospect I should have added Los Angeles, or Southern Califonia.

Anyhow if someone did a search for threads containing any of those words the thread would pop up.

It is just meant to be a centralized place to index fairs, and reviews.

I just have had many problems locating information about particular events, even in local groups.. and didn't want to clutter their feed.

I thought this group could house fairs from all over the world. Since each fair has its own thread.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 4:45pm Sep 15, 2012 EDT
Heathernwells from Sweetnsavorytrinkets says

Hi, :) Thank you for replying. I tried looking for threads on some fairs in my local group, and didn't find much. Plus they have gotten grumpy with me for creating a thread for reviewing a local fair.

------------------------------------------
Have you discussed the local festival situation with your local artisan group?

Many towns and villages have at least one artisan group of some sort or another (not affiliated with Etsy). I've found that to be the best way to connect with local artists.

If I look in my current festival directory there are over 1,000 listings for California alone for the period of September - December.

And when I'm looking for a festival in Arizona, its my local network that I ask first rather than a huge international community.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.