Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

What to do when you don't accept DC

I have has a few customers interested in my items, but they don't have a Paypal account and can only pay with DC. Why are you recommendations on suggesting ways they can pay for the time without dc?

10 Responses

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:21 pm Sep 26, 2012 EDT
I don't have a suggestion, but i just signed up for DC. I have only had one sale but it was SO easy. I have heard complaints about the time frame for money being deposited, however mine was deposited in about a day after item was marked shipped. It was easy to sign up. I really do not see a down side right now.
I do not think the customer has to have a PayPal account to pay you through PayPal. They can use a credit card.
We resisted dc for a while but since we signed up have found it super convenient, I'd recommend just activating it. You could always deactivate it later if you really dislike it. Otherwise do you have a means of processing credit cards over the phone? Like propay, square, etc.? We have a wireless credit card machine and have had customers call and pay that way before.
Oh, what knitonebeadtwo said, there's a 'continue without signing in' option when paying with paypal.
Oh I never knew that there was that option with PayPal! Does it seem to work okay?
Yes, I use it often.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:29 pm Sep 26, 2012 EDT
"Oh I never knew that there was that option with PayPal! Does it seem to work okay?"

It seems to. The customer can use it a few times before PP requests they create an account.

But I also accept checks, money orders, or plain old cash.
I accept checks and money orders too and have never had a problem. I like PayPal because there is no hold on our money if the customer pays with a credit card.
That's really helpful, thanks a bunch everyone!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.