Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

What percentage of craft fair attendees actually buy something?

Does anyone have any stats (or personal estimate) as to what percentage of art and craft fair / festival attendees actually buy something?

8 Responses

That's where I do 99 % of my business. It has to be the right show though and at first it's hit or miss.
There's probably too many variables like location, weather etc. to come up with accurate statistics.

They're all a crap shoot, if you ask me.
If you have something unique, they will buy! Why else would they go to them?
I've heard 10%
This has question has come up a lot with local vendors. So for example how many vendors vs. the number of attendees make for a successful show for most of the vendors. (Generally speaking as there will always be someone who does really well and someone who does poorly).

I think that there needs to be about 2,500 shoppers for every 50 vendors for the show to generally be successful for most vendors.

Thanks Brandi! That's what I'm looking for.
I haven't done one in years but the formula at the time was 1 sale for every 300 people walking through the door.
It absolutely depends on the show..I have done craft shows and markets with low attendance but they buyers come to buy, so really there are just too many variables...
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:04 pm Nov 29, 2012 EST
Seeing these numbers makes me not feel so bad that my one attempt at a craft show tanked :)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.