Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

How do Motivate your self when your feeling Un-Motivated????

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:59am Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Hello everyone.....I don't know what happened, this past week..but I just did not want to come to the computer this past week....I felt like I was in a Funk....I did come to the computer, but I took my time getting there...Ugghh......

How do you get out of a funk????

Do you ever feel Unmotivated?

How do you get Re-motivated???

What do you do to keep your self motivated when you would rather stay away from your work?

If you could share how you stay motivated or ideas to keep motivated, It would be a big help....Thank you....Divine.

100 Responses

Think of something nice you would like (i.e. a new home), then go look at one. Motivate yourself to work for it.

Watch a youtube video of a homeless person, then motivate yourself to do whatever it takes not to end up like that.

Move around, exercise a little bit, do some stretching. Activity gets your brain engaged and motivation comes easier.

Look at your shrinking bank account....
Love these suggestions
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:16pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thank you....This certainly hit home....if this does not motivate..surely nothing will...Thank you so much for these ideas....I really do need to incorporate more exercise...I stare at my treadmill, more than I use it.....lol......
I always used mt treadmill for laundry - don't feel too bad!
Exercise bikes work well for laundry too.
I don't know yet. I'll let you know when I figure it out. I think it's just the summer. Too hot and sunny to want to do much of anything here in El Paso.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:17pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thank you Vivian, for sharing.....With summer being here, I too want to do more with my family and I'd like to get out of the house a little more....I do believe that I can do this and work, I just need to find balance between the two........
Yesss! I'm just coming out of one. I did a craft fair, which started the creative juices. An artist friend encouraged me to use different medium/methods to make stuff, just for fun. This was an extra nudge. Next thing I knew I had carved 20 new linoleum blocks. Make yourself do something new.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:20pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thank you, this is a wonderful idea.....I really do need to come up with something new....I think that this will help keep me motivated....I think that perhaps I should try to come up with something new....Once a week, or once every other per week....Thanks for sharing....
I put music or a movie or something on in the background. I work a lot better with background noise that isn't distracting. I only have trouble being motivated when I'm stressed.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:22pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thanks for sharing Stacy...its funny that you mention music, because I have been turning it on more often and it does seem to create a different type of energy for me.....Thanks for sharing....
It so hot here in CT, that I am becoming drained! I need to take pictures and improve the ones that I have in my shop, but I cannot bring myself to go outside, so my motivation has slipped a bit as well.

That said, I think no matter what profession a person is in, it's normal to feel unmotivated at times. One thing that I am doing as I sit in my house with the a/c down to 70, is to think of other types of items I can make; that's pretty exciting!

Hang in there, and I hope you get back your 'get up and go'!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:21pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
I'm in CT too and yes the weather was one of the reasons why I didn't get much done. No A/C meant lots of time sitting in front of the fan not moving lol
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:25pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thank you for sharing.....I think that because it is summer here...that I need to get outside a bit more often...such as in the cool of the morning and evening.....I feel that staying in and in front of the computer most of the day, is surely why I am feeling unmotivated at times....I feel that getting out doors may clear my mind.....Thank you for sharing.....I will hang in there......Divine.
^
^
Jennifer- go look at an air conditioner at the store, then figure out what you need to accomplish in order to get it, then get busy!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:20pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
I had a similar week where I questioned whether this is what I wanted to really do. My hubby is my biggest supporter and he reminded me why I'm doing this. He's my personal cheerleader. I think having a strong support system is important in those times of unmotivation and self-doubt.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:26pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thank you Jennifer, My honey is one of my biggest supporters too......I appreciate your sharing this....
Ooh! Just thought of another one. Rearrange your workspace. Finishing touch: fresh flowers.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:27pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Yes....Yes....this would be a big factor.....I don't necessarily like my work space...this is definitely something I should do right away...Thank you....for sharing...Divine.
Pinterest! There is inspirational/motivational overload on that website and I never leave without fun new creative ideas
I agree. So much fun!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:29pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
That is a great Idea....I would not of thought of Pinterest in this way...I even have 6 or 7 boards on Pinterest......Perhaps I should spend more time there....Thank you....Divine.
I make a treasury. It is my new favroite passtime. It inspires me to see the great work others are doing. Gets me going.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:31pm Jul 8, 2013 EDT
Thank you Lilli......I created a treasury last week..and I must admit that it did pick my interest up...I was feeling a bit excited about coming back to the computer through out the day, to see who had left comments there and to see how many views the treasury had received.. Thanks for sharing..
Your treasuries are lovely and you get a lot of views. go girl!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.