Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

How do Motivate your self when your feeling Un-Motivated????

Show Thread Summary

100 Responses

Clean and organize my work area, play some music, light a candle, maybe get a new flavor of coffee creamer and made a fresh pot of coffee. Basically anything to make things seem different because repetition and routine stagnates me.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 4:36pm Jul 10, 2013 EDT
Thanks for sharing Lisa, This is a wonderful way to motivate yourself as well. I hear ya, I don't like to be bored, or to feel mundane, either.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:51pm Jul 10, 2013 EDT
Here are a list of Business Affirmations that work very well in keeping you motivated, I thought I'd share them......

I am creating new and loyal customers every week
I have a successful business with great people to help me
My business is filled with an abundance of wealth.
Money is flowing into my business.
My business vision remains clear and focused.

I am in tune with the latest trends in my industry
I am extremely motivated and driven
My professional reputation is solid
My sales will increase weekly
My business will provide great value to others
I enjoy being my own boss
I have the drive to succeed

I hope that you have enjoyed these affirmations and I hope that you use them, they are meant to be said everyday, for 21 days or until they become part of your belief system, and then you will start another one until that one becomes a habit and so fourth.....Have a wonderful evening everyone....
Divine.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 7:25pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
Thank you to everyone, that had came to get me outta my funk....
I am in a funk now. I have to go back to my full time job and still trying to get things rolling on Etsy. I stay motivated only because I have a deadline to finish two more pieces before I go back on the 26th.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:22pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
I am sorry to hear that you seem to be disappointed.....I hope that Etsy sales pick up for you.....
My best way to motivate myself is to start conditioning my clay or mixing colors by running it thru my pasta machine - it's find of mindless but I have my hands in my craft so eventually I want to play with it.

And when I knit, I used to sit there and untangle yarn reroll balls when I got frustrated with the idea of knitting. Or sort beads or doodle.

Some how being how the tools of my craft and playing with them but not TRYING to do anything creative with them gets me motivated again. :-)
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:23pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
Ya know that's really neat that you look at it that way, and that it works...thanks for sharing......
I think about how much kitty litter and fancy feast I could buy if I finished a piece!
...or I look at the red headed troll up above me and imagine having talent like that!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:24pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
Thanks for sharing....Keeping your eye on the prize.....I like that....
Starbucks...Carmel macchiato with 3 raw sugars...that will put a little fire under you (at least for a few hours).
?
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:25pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
Laughing, thanks for sharing....Ya know a cup of coffee, sounds like a very good idea....
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:25pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
Coffee time...to get the mind going.....will work on motivating the body, later....LOL....
Glad I could bring you a "lol". Best wishes for finding your motivation.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:03pm Aug 19, 2013 EDT
thank you....I still have not made that coffee yet.....I am going to pry myself away to do it........

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.