Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do business card promos work?

Hi,

I have received business cards of various Etsy sellers included as promotions with a purchase from another seller.

I was wondering if sellers who have sent their cards to other sellers to be mailed out with their sales could share their experience as to whether it helped to generate business.

7 Responses

Doesn't anyone have anything to share?
I'm curious about this too. I hope someone with some insight responds.
I just exchanged cards with some other sellers for the first time - so I hope so. Too son to tell for me yet though.

I'd be interested in what others have to say on this point too. Although maybe it's hard to tell if it works if sellers are doing several things at once to get traffic to their store?
I have sent out cards and it doesn't seem to do a lot, but you never know. I have heard mixed feedback about promos in packages. I seem to remember some buyers not being thrilled by them, but I love to get them, and I always add other people's promos. When I add promos to packages or gifts or swaps, I usually pick out the more interesting items to send. i.e., little trinkety things or unusual looking cards.

I don't beat the pavement looking for folks to trade with since I make all mine by hand...
I'm not sure. : / I have been sending my cards out with packages that give my shop addy and my blog addy and I've been getting hits on my blog that have "no direct referrer" ie: someone typed in or cut and pasted the addy directly. I take that as a good sign! But I have no idea if they are getting it from my card, or coming from my shop, etc. *shrugs*
Some buyer mentioned in a thread that she tosses assortments of business cards she gets in her Etsy orders, unless there are promo codes on them...
What I do is send out stickers instead of business cards. It seems like more people are likely to hang on to stickers over business cards, because they can... stick them somewhere :) Honestly my sales have gone up slightly since I've been distributing the stickers, but only time will tell if they will continue to raise my sales.

I do have custom etsy stickers in my shop if anyone's interested.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.