Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

problems selling couture ?

I just looked at selling stats on Etsy and the fact is that items that are $80.0 and more don't sell much, two a day on a good day, zero often...
depressing when you are making one of a kind gaments, with nice quality materials lining and all.
I haven't sold anything in my shop, am I wrong with my pricing ? i don't think so, what i think is that maybe Etsy is doesn't work for couture-like gaments, i regret that maybe etsy ends up being for light, simple, fast consummation items.
Now i could sellin a little boutik in NYC where ilive but my clothes would end up being super expensive and reserved for a NY crowd.
I thaught etsy wouldbe analternative for me...
Any thaughts about that ?

90 Responses

you make beautiful clothes, fairly priced. I proably couldn't wear a lot of these clothes, they are designed for a younger body.
Kcoline you also need to be patient. You only just joined in Jan! :P Give it some time to get your name out there. Your items are very cute btw.
Kcoline, your stuff is beautiful! I love the 40's dress. :) I find it hard to pay for any clothing that I can't try on - maybe this is the case for most people. I'm just picky about the way things fit and even with measurements it's hard to know how the fabric will drape or lie on my body compared to the mannequin. Maybe a boutique is the way to go - I don't think anyone would expect handmade clothing to be cheap in New York. ;) Those are my thoughts...
Thanks, I know, patience is the key...
but I am wondering if there is a market
shhdesigns, that is what i am afraid of...
Your stuff is gorgeous! I recently bought a custom made shirt from another etsy seller. I "heart"ed you for when I go on another shopping spree!
aren't you concerned about fiting LaLoma ?
You have got some great stuff! I would not compromise you prices. Your items will sell in time. I think many people one etsy impulse buy cute, cheap, things. Someone may heart you and come back in a few weeks when they have the cash to spend.
have you told any of your previous/regular buyers/fans about your etsy shop?
it helps to bring customers with you to a new venue.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.