Sign in to participate in this discussion.

International Shipping ISSUES!

First, I am having a very hard time with shipping internationally. My items are taking FOREVER to get to their intended destination and I was wondering how long it takes other sellers.

Second, my UPS shipping guy says I only have two choices with shipping internationally. One is what I am doing and the item ships within 2-8 weeks or the other which is EXTREMELY expensive. Have you all found this true also? I am really considering not shipping out of country again!

29 Responses

I ship USPS first class airmail.

5-10 days. I haven't had any issues yet. They seem to arrive within that time frame.
How much does this cost?
Well, your items are small and light, correct?

It shouldn't be more than a few dollars.

I shipped a pretty sizeable package that weighed about a pound and a half to Singapore the other day. It cost $13.
Thank you SO much!
Went to the post office today and was told an item would cost minimum of $9.00 to ship to Canada..... This is due to changes in postal rates. They now have flat envelope and package rates. I use a bubble envelope and place the gift box inside and it used to only cost a few dollars. Now due to the changes in shipping rates I have revised my profile to state that international shipments will not receive a gift box. It's the only way to get the flat envelope rate which by the way is only $1.70 to Canada for two jewelry items. I went to Container store and bought some of the styro-foam sheets they have and wrapped and taped the jewelry inside, put in bubble envelope, so the cost would be $1.70 instead of $9.00. Hope this helps,

I have shipped all over the world, by air, using Canada Post.

Shipping is approx. 5 days!
deliasthompson--this is SO frustrating! I have 2 packages right now that shipped OVER a month ago. My customers are anxious and I am sure the will soon become upset. What options do I have with them? Should I refund?
where were you shipping to?
yes, it's about thickness of package. If it's jewelry, try to get the envelope to under 3/4" thick. If it's thicker, it's considered a package and is subject to higher rates.

The new Post office rates really hurt those of us who used to ship lightweight items that were larger than 3/4" thick. It doesn't seem to be that much of an increase for larger boxes, etc.

The reason, I was told, was that they take up space in the plane, whether they are lightweight or not. So, apparently space is what costs more.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.