Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Etsy vs. Ruby Lane?

Can anyone who has a shop on both sites or has had a shop on Ruby Lane contrast these two online "markets"?

5 Responses

just bookmarking to find out, too
you get what you pay for. Their fees are high and they do pay for external advertising.
So does that mean that you get a store that has more sales (as long as your product is in demand) because of the advertising they do?
I had a shop on RL for two years. I left because of the high fees but I did enjoy the time I was there. To join your items and descriptions are critiqued before your shop can open and as I remember, that alone cost $50.00 after they give the OK. They do alot of advertising but if you want your shop to be visible, you must pay for the ad. RL has been around since 1998 so they have many loyal shoppers. Thy also have re-done the look of the site. I also have to give them credit for a site that is always up and running without problems and they have a live help person you can 'chat' with if you need immediate help with a question. I hope this info. helped you. :}
Just one other thing, I didn't like that they blocked listings due to price. If you had too many low ($20.00) priced items and you wanted to add another you couldn't list the item unless you charged a higher price. You could get around that a little bit by using the 'make an offer' option on your listing, but many of my items were low priced and I got tired of them controlling my prices.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.